Kenyans already know that Deputy President William Ruto was convicted for the forceful eviction and theft of 100-acre farm belonging to Mr Adrian Muteshi. He was also ordered by the court to pay Sh5 million in damages to Mr Muteshi, but refused to pay.
Ruto is also known to have grabbed Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) land – the land where “his” Weston Hotel stands.
He is also known to have stolen land belonging to Langata Road Primary school, and used it to build car park for Weston Hotel.
Ruto was found guilty in court of grabbing a piece of land in Ngong forest, and selling it to Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) for Sh272 million.
He also grabbed Ruai Sewerage land in Nairobi, and sold it to unsuspecting buyers…Then there is Arror-Kimwarer 20-60 Billion stolen…The list is endless.
But, how much exactly has Ruto stolen in the past 9 years? Let us now do the math.
1. Salary: (it is less, but let us say) 2 million per month * 12 * 9 = sh 216 million.
2. Chicken Farm: (he claims it is the biggest in Kenya) Net profit Approximately sh 20 million per month (it is less, but let us go with that. Therefore, 9 year profit is ) = 20*12*9 = sh 2.16 billion.
3. Weston hotel, Dolphin beach + other businesses, stocks etc = Generous approximation of net profit = sh 20 million per month. For 9 years = sh 2.16 billion.
Total Income = 0.216+2.16+2.16 = Sh 4.54 BILLION
1. 5 Helicopters – approximately sh 600 million each = sh 3 billion.
2. Building Weston + Dolphin hotels at sh 1 billion each = sh 2 billion.
3. Building Sugoi palace = sh 1.5 billion (2 other homes in Eldoret not included – discount).
4. Mata Farm – 2537 Hectares; approximate price per ha = 300K. Total = sh 761 million = 0.76 billion (let’s ignore other properties for now).
5. Spends approximately sh 100 million on “fundraisers”, “per diems for delegates to Karen” etc weekly. Total for 9 years = 100 million*52*9 = sh 46.8 billion.
Total Expenditure = 3+2+1.5+0.76+46.8 = Sh 54 BILLION
Money Ruto has STOLEN from Kenyans between 2012-2021 = 54 – 4.54 = Sh 49.4 BILLION.
Why Ruto’s Money Trail Never Leaks
Ruto does regular multi-million dollar transactions in Europe and North America, yet you will not see him mentioned in so-called Panama Papers, Pandora Papers etc. Why?
At least 2 of the helicopters he recently bought were from Airbus, the famous European multinational aerospace corporation.
Unless an African politician has protection from powerful non-African entities, there is no way he would do such transactions without raising red flags among EU investigators and press.
When it comes to Ruto’s corruption, Western media, including big names like BBC, CNN and others all plead ignorance. Why?
Finance Uncovered (@FinUncovered) describes themselves thus: “We train journalists and campaigners to follow the money and then we help our global network to publish or broadcast their investigations.”
However, when it comes to Ruto money laundering, they are never interested.
Ditto ICIJ (@ICIJorg). Ask them why they never investigate Ruto, and you would become their enemy.
Africa Uncensored (@AfUncensored) describe themselves thus: “An independent media house set up by Kenya’s finest investigative journalists…”
But when it comes to Ruto’s corruption and money laundering, Africa Uncensored is not interested.
Even Kenya “Civil Society” avoids talking about Ruto corruption. In fact, most officials of “Civil Society” are close allies of Ruto – The Most Corrupt Kenyan in History.
Who are the major donors of Kenya “Civil Society”? Whoever pays the piper, calls the tune.
Download this article in PDF format HERE